Are you interested in working in an oil and gas industry? Do you know and possess all it takes to be part of this highly-rated industry in the country?
If yes, then, you are in the right place as we are set to tell you how you can become an employee in the department of petroleum resources (DPR) before the end of the year.
Meanwhile, this article is also important and compulsory for everyone as you might have a relative or friends whose mission is to work with the department of petroleum resources as soon as he can.
We will unveil some historical facts you need to know about DPR; its functions; recruitment requirements and how you can successfully apply for a position in the agency.
Hence, you are advised to stay glue to this page as we open your mind to the procedures that will change your financial status completely before the end of the year.
Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) recruitment in Nigeria
DPR, as it is fondly called, is one of the departments under the federal ministry of petroleum resources (FMPR) and its creation can be traced back to 1970 when the federal government created the Nigerian National Oil Corporation (NNOC) when it felt that there was a need to control the activities of the mining and petroleum industry.
It should be noted that DPR began its series of first operations as a Hydrocarbon section under the ministry of Lagos affairs. You can visit here to read more about the history of this highly regarded agency.
There department carries out multiple functions which include the following:
- It ensures that the petroleum industry functions perfectly
- It ensures that all petroleum-related companies or industries are legally licensed by the government to carry out their daily activities.
- It ensures that there is a save environment to carry out all petroleum-related activities.
- It processes industry’s request or application for license and permits
- It advises the federal government on petroleum matters.
DPR recruitment requirements
There are some things or criteria you must possess before you can be hired into the department of petroleum resources. We have classified the requirements into different categories below:
1. Educational requirements: you should know that only educated literate are qualified to work with this government agency. Therefore, you need to possess all the required certificates to stand any chance of being employed.
You should have at least 0-level certificate before applying for the job. You should ensure that mathematic and English are among the subject you passed. Having a university degree (B.sc, B.Pharm); polytechnic degree such as ND or HND is an added advantage as they will brighten your chances of being hired into a well advanced position at the end of the whole recruitment exercise.
2. Age requirements: Anyone younger than the 18 years of age is not eligible to apply for any position in the agency as it is believed they are too young to withstand the physical and psychological stress attached to being a government worker.
Just as we have it with young ages, you are also ineligible to partake in DPR recruitment exercise as soon as you clock 36.
3. Other requirements: You are advised to have your NYSC certificate or a certificate of exemption to further boost your chances. You must be physically and mentally fit for the job.
How to successfully apply for the DPR recruitment?
- Visit DPR recruitment portal to access the application form
- Upload your scanned credentials on the portal above. The credentials include your passports, CV etc.
- Visit the DPR website more often because lists of successful applicants will be updated on the site.
It is important you know that DPR recruitment is absolutely free and you shouldn’t believe anyone who promise you a position in the agency if you pay a certain amount of money. We wish you success as you prepare to take a step towards getting your dream job.