NAPTIP Recruitment and How to Apply for Vacancies Online/www.naptip.gov.ng
National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking In Persons( NAPTIP) is an agency aimed at curbing the rate of human trafficking in Nigeria.
It is one of the organizations established by the federal government of Nigeria as part of its mission to stop the unwanted and unlawful activities that was rampant in some part of the country some years back.
NAPTIP has been in existence since 2003, helping the country curb many issues related to human trafficking and infringement of human rights.
It’s legally backed by the country’s constitution, while it also has its own Trafficking Protocol or laws which determines the intensity of punishment that will be given to anyone who is caught involving in human trafficking.
Note that the law deployed by NAPTIP was first suggested/proposed by the country’s National Assembly in 2003 and it was approved by former President Olusegun Obasanjo later in the year.
As time goes by, the trafficking in Person(Prohibition) law and enforcement was reviewed by the Agency in 2013 and some amendments were made in order to strengthen it.
The Important Roles Played By NAPTIP In Nigeria’s Mission To Stop Human Trafficking
- It Ensures That human traffickers Doesn’t Go Unpunished: This is the main purpose why the agency was created as it will help to ensure that anyone who is caught involved in this criminal act won’t go unpunished. In achieving this, NAPTIP ensures that their law of prohibition act is strong and powerful enough to pronounce a great judgment on sinners.
- It Co-operate With Other law Enforcement Agencies To Fight Trafficking Across The Country :Considering Nigeria’s population and its large landscape, stopping human trafficking isn’t a task for one agency.
This is why NAPTIP co-operates with other law enforcement agencies such as Police, NSCDC, and NDLEA to ensure that Trafficking in person is reduced to its lowest minimum.
There are many other importance of NAPTIP in the fight against trafficking and other criminal activities in Nigeria, Click Here to see more of their functions.
Having seen their importance and functions to the country, you might want to join the agency so as to play your role in ensuring a peaceful Nigeria while you also earn your monthly salary.
Luckily, we’ve provided a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a position in this organization, just take your time to read and understand every bit of this write-up.
What Are The Criteria Needed For A Successful Application?
You need to meet some requirements before your application form can be considered or accepted. This requirements are listed below:
- Five (5) credit grades in WASC/GCE or SSCE. These grades must include Maths, English and other three core subjects obtained in a single sitting.
- You must be mobile, that is, you must be ready to travel from one place to another, depending on your official assignments.
- Professional qualifications or former work experience is an added advantage.
- A Degree Certificate (BSc, HND) in any highly-regarded discipline or course.
- Computer Literacy: you must know how to utilize some basic computer softwares such as Microsoft Office, Web Applications etc.
- A valid National ID card, International Passport, drivers’ license, or Voter’s card is needed.
- You Must a substantial citizen of Nigeria.
- You must be ready to learn new ideas at all times
How to Apply for NAPTIP Recruitment
It is important you that the online form for this year’s NAPTIP recruitment program is unavailable as at the time of this publish.
However, you can visit www.naptip.gov.ng (NAPTIP official recruitment portal) regularly to know when the online application form will be released by the agency.
As soon as the form is out on their official website, get yours and fill it up with appropriate information and submit.
Ensure you keep checking the site on daily basis to see if you’ve been shortlisted for interview.