Nigeria custom service recruitment
Here is another opportunity for young Nigerian graduates to prepare for the chance of getting employed into the Nigeria custom service.
Few among the Nigerian graduates believe that getting job into this federal parastatal is easy.
In another note, majority of Nigeria youths believe that they must give monetary compensation to someone who is highly connected to make their way into the Nigeria Custom Service. This article is to make you see simple steps to take in other to get the job even without bribing anyone.
On Nigeria custom service (NCS) recruitment 2022/2023
- 1 On Nigeria custom service (NCS) recruitment 2022/2023
- 2 ?
- 3 Available position in Nigeria police recruitment 2022/2023
- 4 Customs recruitment requirements for you to be eligible 2022/2023
- 5 How to Apply for Nigerian custom service recruitment 2022/2023
- 6 The responsibilities of the Nigerian custom service
- 7 The Nigeria Custom Salary Structure
- 8 Benefits of working with NCS
The main idea of establishing this agency is to make sure service provision is improved when maintaining effective and systematic intervention control by the Nigerian government.
The government provides this agency the right to face an increase in international trade, which on the other side has been confronted with various setbacks, such has money laundering, threat of mass destruction, threat of terrorism, disposal of dangerous and toxic materials, and violations of intellectual property rights.
NCS performs the duty of stewards of border and trade management and facilitate legal business in the country, which encounters different threats.
The NCS portal www.customs.gov.ng is available for anybody who wants to know more about the agency mission, history, vision etc.
There is no official announcement yet about NCS 2020 recruitment, but hopefully, there might be a publication on recruitment before the end of the year.
Preparing ahead the recruitment will go a long way in securing the job. Thus, this article will expose interested candidates to what they should expect and plan for to be successfully shortlisted.
Available position in Nigeria police recruitment 2022/2023
NCS may likely recruit into the following positions
- The support staff for superintend staff
- Custom inspector
- Customs assistant cadre in general duty
Customs recruitment requirements for you to be eligible 2022/2023
There are some major requirements that are required to be recruited into the agency.
They are as follows; applicants must:
- Be a Nigerian and have a national Identity card
- Must be of required age
- Height of not less than 1.64 meters for women and 1.7 meters, for men
- Chest measurement of 0.87m for men
- Possess medical certificate from government medical personnel
- Not have any form of mental and physical disability
- Not be in any form of financial embarrassment
- Not guilty of criminal offences but be of good character
- Have certificates of state of origin signed by the local government president / secretary. Certificates that are certified by a liaison officer are not acceptable
How to Apply for Nigerian custom service recruitment 2022/2023
The recruitment portal vacancy.customs.gov.ng will be opened for submission of applications and filing of form to complete registration.
Application shall be done online free of charge. Only suitably qualified candidates are expected to apply for the recruitment, else such persons will not be considered for the recruitment. Applicants should avoid submitting more than one application to avoid disqualification.
Applicants are expected to go through the recruitment portal to know the requirement before applying.
All applicants should ensure they use original certificate to apply for the job. In the case of falsification of certificate and forgery such person will be handed over to the law enforcement personnel for prosecution.
Hence, applicants are expected to present all required certificates suitable for the post they have applied for. As all required documents will be verified before proceeding to the next stage.
After the registration which is the first stage of the recruitment exercise, applicants should visit the portal from time to time and check their mails regularly.
Because successful candidates will be notified through their email and their phone number. Therefore, applicants should use correct and active phone number and email address to apply for the job.
Applicants have to fill these three forms on the recruitment portal, aside the registration form
- The Acknowledgment form
- The Parent/ guardian consent form, and
- The Local government attestation form.
The responsibilities of the Nigerian custom service
- Generating statistics for planning and budgetary purposes
- Anti-Smuggling activities
- Security functions
- Engaging in research, planning, and enforcement of fiscal policies of government
- Manifest Processing
- Licensing and registration of custom Agents
- Working in collaboration with other government agencies in all approved ports and border station
- Collection of revenue (import/excise duties and other taxes/levies) and accounting for same
- Monitoring foreign exchange utilization and many more.
The Nigeria Custom Salary Structure
After appointment, employees will start receiving an attractive salary and allowances with other benefits, that will make life comfortable for them and their family.
Mainly, the NCS salary is determined by the employee’s rank.
The ranks are;
- Comptroller General
- Deputy Comptroller General
- Assistant Comptroller Generals
- Comptroller and
- Assistant Comptroller General (ACG)
Benefits of working with NCS
- Work- life balance
- Attractive salary and other mouthwatering benefits such as allowances
- Job security and opportunity for career advancement
- Quality staff management
- Good job culture like gender equality for quality job performance and development of the commission
If applicants can follow the guidelines in this article, getting the job will not be too challenging