The Nigeria Prison Service Recruitment
Many Nigerian youths are eagerly waiting for the recruitment process of the prison service. The good news is that there is probability that the Nigeria prison service will be recruiting in .
However, this article is to help eager aspirants prepare, plan and strategize in order not to miss the opportunity. Follow this article to the end with full concentration to note all the vital information that you need for the recruitment exercise.
More on Nigeria prison service recruitment 2022/2023
The Nigeria Prison Service is the government agency that operates the prisons across the nation. This agency is operating under the supervision of the interior and Civil Defence Immigration and Correlational Service.
Likewise, this agency recruits to enlarge the capacity and population in other to offer maximum service in Nigeria prisons. The agency came into existence in the year 1861.
The aim of establishing the agency is to administer penal treatment to offenders; to reduce crime rate in the society and manage criminals in the prison yards.
Available position in Nigerian prisons service recruitment 2022/2023
The Nigeria prison service board may probably invite applicants for the following vacant positions as a full time employee, such as;
- Superintendent cadre
Aspirants must be holders of M.B.B.S; M.D; M.D.S; or equivalents from recognized universities.
- Deputy Superintendent of Prisons (DSP) Pharmacy, CONHESS 09.
Aspirants must possess Bachelors of Pharmacy degrees from recognized universities.
- Superintendent of Prisons (SP) Vetinary CONMESS 02.
Aspirants must be holders of D.V.M from recognized universities.
- Assistant Superintendent of Prisons. I (ASP.I) CONPASS 09
Aspirants must be holders of master’s degree from recognized Universities in the following areas: Humanities, Social Sciences, Lab. Sciences, Architecture, Engineering, Radiology, etc.
- Assistant Superintendent of Prisons II (ASP.II), CONPASS 08
Aspirants must be holders of first degree from recognized Universities in the following areas: Social Sciences, Humanities, Psychology, Public Health, Estate/Town Planning, Social Works, Food Sciences, etc.
- Inspector of Prisons (IP) Nursing, CONHESS 06.
Aspirants must be Registered Nurses (RN), Registered Midwives (RM) or Registered Nurses/Midwives (RNM) obtained from recognized institutions
- Assistant Inspector of Prisons (AIP) CONPASS 06.
Aspirants must be holders of OND/NCE Obtained from recognized institutions
- Prisons Assistant I (PAI) CONPASS 05
Aspirants must be holders of GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO or their equivalents with a minimum of Five (5) credits in not more than two (2) sittings, which should include English and Mathematics or Trade Test Grade 1 (Artisans, Motor drivers, Masons, Mechanics, Plumbers, Auto Electricians, Carpenters, etc.)
- Prisons Assistant II (PAII) CONPASS 04
Aspirants must possess the GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO or its equivalent with a minimum of five (5) credits in not more than two (2) sittings, which should include English or Trade Test Grade II. (Artisans, Motor drivers, Auto Electricians, Mechanics, Plumbers, Masons, Carpenters, etc.)
- Prison Assistant III (PA.III) CONPASS 03.
Aspirants must be holders of GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO or its equivalents with a minimum of three (3) credits in not more than Two (2) sittings, which should include at least English or Mathematics or Trade Test Grade III. (Artisans, Carpenters, Motor drivers, Auto Electricians, Mechanics, Plumbers, Masons, etc.)
Aspirants must be:
- A Nigerian
- Between ages of 18 and 30 years
- Must not be less than 1.65m for males and 1.60 for females.
- Aspirants chest measurement must not be less than 0.87 for men.
- Have all required certificates (genuine)) and qualification for the post interested in.
- Have medical certificate from Government recognized Hospitals
- Physically, mentally, psychologically and morally fit
- Must not have been convicted of any criminal offences.
- Must not belong to any secret society or cult
- Must pass drug test
- Must not be financially embarrassed
- Computer literate (optional)
Nigerian prisons service recruitment 2022/2023 :How to Apply
Aspirants are to apply online
- Aspirants are expected to visit the Nigeria Prison Service website http://recruit.prisonsportal.com.ng/recruit from time to time to get updates on recruitment and avoid being scammed.
- Aspirants will need to complete the registration form online and print it with the referee forms that will be provided on the portal which must be completely filled before submission on screening day.
- Multiple applications will lead to disqualification of aspirants
- Aspirants should ensure they apply for the job within the stipulated time.
Aspirants should always check the Nigeria Prison Service website for update and employment status after registration and each stage of recruitment. In addition, they are to use an active and valid email address which they should check frequently to know when they have been successfully shortlisted.
Aspirants should note that the Nigeria prison board will never demand for any monetary compensation from anybody in other to be qualified or successfully shortlisted for the job.
Also, the salary scale of the Nigeria Prison Service varies, depending on officers rank, entry level, years of experience, working years and department.
This article is helpful for aspirants to identify the posts available for recruitment, requisite qualifications and other necessary information that will assist them secure job as a Nigeria Prison Service Officer without stress.