Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Akwa (UNIZIK) Postgraduate Admission Form and requirements Academic Session
If you are interested in applying for Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Akwa (UNIZIK) Postgraduate programme then this post will guide you in everything you need to know about the application process, deadline and requirements.
UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission Requirements 2023/2024
The general requirements states that each applicant need to have a 5 credits in their O level results which must be relevant to what they want to study.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
You need to possess a bachelor degree, HND or it equivalent from a recognized university, polytechnic or Monotechnics with a 1.50 FCGPA and Upper Credit respectively.
MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
UNIZIK senate has set an impressive benchmark here. First you need to have a first degree with 3.00 FCGPA. Secondly if you are applying with a postgraduate diploma you need to have 3.50 FCGPA
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY PROGRAMMES
Traditional you ought to possess a master degree but with a minimum FCGPA of 3.50.
Note : UNIZIK FCGPA is based on 5 point scale. So you ought to use this scale to calculate yours.
UNIZIK Postgraduate Programmes Duration.
This is the minimum expected number of semesters that you are supposed to spend.
Postgraduate Diploma Programme (PGD)
If you are applying for UNIZIK postgraduate Diploma as a full time student be ready to spend 2(minimum) to 3(maximum) semesters and 3 (minimum) to 6(maximum) semesters for those on part-time basis.
Masters Degree Programmes
If you are applying for UNIZIK Masters Degree Programmes as a full time student be ready to spend 3 (minimum) – 6(maximum) semesters and 4 to 8 semesters for those on part-time basis.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Programme
If you are applying for UNIZIK Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Programme as a full time student be ready to spend 6 (minimum) – 10(maximum) semesters and 8 to 14 semesters for those on part-time basis.
How to Apply for UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission:
- UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission portal is
- click here
- You need to create an account on the portal.
- Open your email for a verification link , verify your email. The sign in with your email address and password.
- Immediately you log in make sure you follow the information on how to apply which is straight forward.
- Kindly generate and print the (Remita Retrieval Reference which should be two ; one for ICT Fee (N1, 000) and the other for Application Fee (N10, 000).
- Proceed to the bank to make these payments, then log back to confirm your payment. Once confirmed you will be able to access the application form.
- Fill all your details complete and make it authentic, back your claims with your scan credentials. ( upload your scanned credentials)
- Once you submit your form, download your Transcript Request Form which you need to immediately send to your previous school
Note: the UNIZIK postgraduate school Sale of Form Ends on 31st December, and all PhD applicant need to compose a proposal which should be uploaded online alongside their application form.
Topic (not more than 18 words)
This proposal need contain the following :
- Brief background of the Study
- Aim and Objectives/Purpose
- Expected Outcomes