We continue with our series of how you can be employed into Nigeria’s highly-rated government agencies, and our focus for today is on the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps.
You should know by now that we won’t discuss NSCDC recruitment processes and requirements without letting you know its history and functions.
Therefore, we are set to unveil a very brief historical facts about the agency and its importance to the country’s economy and overall well-being.
NSCDC Recruitment 2020
Though the idea to form this paramilitary agency was proposed by the country’s national assembly (both senate and house of reps), it won’t be out of place to say that it was created by the federal government of Nigeria as it was the executive president of the country who granted in May 1967 during the country’s Civil war.
At first, NSCDC officers were only located in Lagos state — when it was still the country’s Federal Capital Territory — and the agency was known as Lagos Civil Defence Committee.
However, it continued its fast-paced development and it became a nationwide paramilitary institution in 1984.
The paramilitary institution is constitutionally empowered to carry out its security duty as one of the security agencies in the country.
The first constitutional power backing up the NSCDC was initially located in act no 2 of the 2003 Nigerian constitution which was signed by the then president Olusegun Obasanjo.
- It protects lives and properties of every Nigerian
- It works hand-in-hand with the Nigerian Police in order to curb high crime rate.
- It has power to prosecute offenders.
- 4. It is charged with the responsibility to rescue civilians from danger during war, terrorist attack or natural disaster.
- .It inspects the location and activities of private guard companies in the country to be sure they are up to the required standard.
- It periodically educates private guard companies on how their men should behave.
- It creates and issues license to qualified private guard companies.
You can click here to read more about NSCDC functions.
NSCDC Recruitment requirements 2020
What are the things you must possess before applying for a position in the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps? This is one question many people who are interested in joining the agency often ask.
Luckily, below is an exclusive list of the requirements that make you an eligible applicant:
- You must be a Nigerian by birth.
- You must possess the required academic qualifications. Note that the position you are applying for determines the academic qualifications you are expected to possess.
- You must be physically, psychologically and mentally fit. Hence, a medical report from a recognized government-owned hospital is required.
- You must possess good attributes or characters.
- A cultist, drug addict, or illegal drug dealer is automatically disqualified.
- You must have been a crime-free citizen right from time because any record of committed crime will definitely prevent you from being a successful applicant.
- You must fall within the age of 18 and 30.
- You must be (at least) 1.65m tall as a male applicant and 1.60m as female applicant.
NSCDC Recruitment Process 2020
- Visit the NSCDC recruitment portal via https://www.cdfpb.careers
- Locate the available position that suits your taste or desire.
- Fill the application form with up-to-date information.
- Review all the details provided and submit the application form.
- The agency will contact you via email after reviewing your application.
- Check the same recruitment portal to see if your name is shortlisted for screening exercise. If yes, then get ready for the NSCDC recruitment screening exercise.
What You Need to Take to NSCDC Screening Venue
- A well-documented attestation form that consists of two reputable or genuine referees.
- Original copy of all your credentials
- Three photocopies of certificate of physical fitness given to you by recognized government-owned hospital.
- Eight copies of recently snapped passport photographs.
You are guaranteed to get the position you applied for as long as you pass the screening in flying colors. Beware of scams and frauds NSCDC recruitment process is free.
We wish you success as you begin your journey to getting your dream job.