universal basic education board (UBEC) recruitment www.ubeconline.com
Are you a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) holder? or are you a national certificate of education (NCE) holder? and you are interested in working with the federal government agency popularly known as UBEC, then this post is meant for you.
Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) 2023/2024
The Universal Basic Education Commission is a body recognized by the law that helps to eradicate illiteracy and also reduce the number of out of school children among Nigerians
Objective of UBEC include the following :
- Provision of free formal education to all in Nigeria.
- Improving the learning environment of schools in rural communities.
Key Issues in The Compulsory , free Universal Basic Education Act 2004
- There shall be an intervention from the federal government of Nigeria to state and local government which will help and assist all beneficiary state to provide qualitative and uniform education in Nigeria.
- Every child is entitled to receive free education from primary to junior secondary school.
- Primary and junior secondary education should and must be accessible and compulsory to all children who are of the age.
- There should be a clear division between senior secondary schools (SSC) and junior secondary school (JSS).
- The act also state that transition from primary to secondary school should not be interrupted but should be automatic.
The Universal Basic Education Commission seeks to implement all this objective as contain in the Universal Basic Education Act, 2004.
But to implement this act all hands must be on deck, it should be the combine effort between the federal government and state government.
Before accessing any fund from the federal government the state government must show commitment by providing a certain percentage of the fund. This is just to force the state government to be responsive.
universal basic education board (UBEC) Basic Requirements
- First your country of origin should be Nigerian.
- From information we got from UBEC portal, applicant must not be above 40 years of age.
- 5 credits pass in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB is also required.
- Applicants should be either B.Ed holders or NCE holders.
- Your credentials should be obtained from 2013 and above.
universal basic education board (UBEC) available positions .
You should have the passion to teach the following subjects :
English, Special Education, Mathematics, Yoruba, Computer, Home Economics, Art & Craft, Basic Science, Agricultural Science and IRK/CRK can apply.
How to apply for Federal Teachers Recruitment Online
Submission of application has always been at state level. If you know that you are qualified, ready to move out from your comfort zone, ready to impact knowledge into children from primary to JSS level of education then send your application to :
The Executive Chairman,
State Universal Basic Education Board;
In their respective LGEAs or SUBEB of your State