Canadian (Canada) Visa Application In Nigeria & Requirements: Best Guide on how to Apply
Many Nigerians have been duped on countless occassions because of their passion to leave the shores of the country in search of greener pastures (mostly European and American countries).
Some were given fake visa, while others were completely duped by someone who collected large amounts of money and went AWOL.
This unfortunate incident often occur because many Nigerians fail to follow detailed explanation and guidelines on how to get a valid visa and other traveling documents.
In a way to curb this ugly situation, here is a write-up that will guide you on all the steps you need to take while processing a traveling visa to Canada.
Procedures Involved In The Application Of Canada Visa In Nigeria
- 1 Procedures Involved In The Application Of Canada Visa In Nigeria
- 1.1 Step 1: Confirm Your Eligibility Status
- 1.2 Step 2: Fill the form for the visa application
- 1.3 Step 3: Fill The VFS Consent Form
- 1.4 Step 4: Pay The Charges For Your Visa Application
- 1.5 Step 5: Submission of Your Application Package
- 1.6 Step 6: Monitor Your Application
- 1.7 Step 7: Wait Patiently For Its Processing
- 1.8 Step 8: Passport Submission
- 1.9 Step 9: Collection Of Passport
- 2 The Requirements For Canadian Visa Application
It is essential you understand that the procedure for the procurement of Canada visa in Nigeria is very cumbersome, and it requires lots of patience from you.
Nevertheless, these steps are simple and it’s what you can easily complete without involving too many personnel. All you just have to do is to strictly follow the procedures below;
Step 1: Confirm Your Eligibility Status
You must know if you’re eligible to visit Canada or not before applying for the country’s Visa. For you to confirm your eligibility status, the following conditions must be met:
- You must have a valid international passport.
- You must be health-wisely sound, hail and hearty.
- You must possess the ability to convince the immigration officer of the Canadian that you have a job, assets, business, or family that will instigate your coming back to Nigeria after a brief stay in Canada.
- You must have sufficient cash to adequately take care of yourself while in Canada.
- You must also possess all the required credentials that are needed to be submitted at the centre for visa application.
Step 2: Fill the form for the visa application
Before you begin to fill your form, it is essential to decide the type of visa you are applying for.
You must choose from three available visa(s) which are: Study Visa ( for student) , Work Permit Visa ( for Worker) or Temporary Residence Visa ( for someone who’s on short-term holiday or visit).
Meanwhile, there are two ways to fill your form, they include online and offline methods.
- Online Method: If you must utilize this method, you must have access to a camera or scanner for the creation of electronic copies of all required documents that will be uploaded later. You also need a functional credit card to make payment.
- Offline Method: This is arguably the best option for Nigerians because it requires no Internet service, which could be frustrating in the country. Below are some processes required for successful registration using this method:
- Download the application form for temporary resident visa and guide to filling it.
- The copy to be filled must have the barcode page.
- Follow the downloaded guide on how to fill the form in order to avoid needless errors.
Step 3: Fill The VFS Consent Form
Download and fill the VFS form, then attach it to your application form.
Note that If this form is not submitted with your application form, it will be rejected and returned back to you. you can CLICK HERE to download the VFS form.
Step 4: Pay The Charges For Your Visa Application
If you’ve successfully completed the first three steps, then, proceed to Canada Visa Application Center (CVAC) to pay for your visa processing and biometric charges.
CVAC is situated at No 16, Billings way, Oregun Industrial area, Ikeja, Lagos. Please go with extra $39.82 (#6200) as service charges. This fee is payable only by cash, and your presence is required.
Step 5: Submission of Your Application Package
Submit all your important documents to concerned official when you get to the Canada Visa Application Center (CVAC). These documents include the following:
- Accurately-filled application form
- Proof of payment of your biometric and visa processing charges.
- Other printed documents.
Your biometric data will be demanded at the center for visa application once you have submitted the above documents.
Note that the CVAC only accept visa applications between 8 am and 3pm on week days.
Once payment is made, a receipt containing a unique tracking number —which you will use to track your application status online — will be issued to you.
Step 6: Monitor Your Application
With the tracking number on your receipt, you can monitor your application status via the Internet using their portal.
Step 7: Wait Patiently For Its Processing
It requires 14 days to process a Temporary Resident Visa to Canada, though, other type of Visa might require more days.
Step 8: Passport Submission
Once you receive a notification from Canadian Government asking for your passport, then your passport and the letter indicating the request should be submitted at CVAC.
A sum of N4,950 ($31.86) will be collected from you as payment for passport transmission.
This payment is made at any Guarantee Trust Bank using the following account detail:
Account name: CANADA VALUE ADDED SERVICE COLLECTION ACCOUNT
Account number: 0109515451
The payment of charges for the transmission of the passport will be enveloped with the passport and forwarded to the office of the Deputy High Commissioner of Canada, Lagos.
Likewise, a courier return envelope containing self-address is enclosed with your passport if you want your passport to be mailed back to you when the processing is concluded.
Step 9: Collection Of Passport
You will be informed when your passport is ready for use. You can go to pick it up at the office of the Deputy High Commissioner of Canada, located in Lagos. Conditions That Could Stop Your Visa Application From Being Successful
- If there are security Challenges In Canada
- If you have ever violated any human right.
- If you have been convicted of any crime in time past.
- If you are facing an medically unfit for long trip.
- If you are accompanied by a family member who is not eligible to travel with you to Canada.
- If there’s an iota of false in your interview or application.
The Requirements For Canadian Visa Application
- Application Form: Download and fill the application form IMM5257 and Form IMM 5645, which contains the information of your family. Ensure that all questions in both forms are correctly answered. Write N/A for all questions that are not applicable. Ensure that your mailing address, email address and your phone number is included in the form.
- Two recent passport photographs which contain your signature and date at the back.
- Original passport issued by the Nigerian government which must be valid for minimum of six months.
- A duplicated copy of the Bio-data, Previous passport.
- A note which contains the purpose of your trip, duration of stay, contacts and destination.
- Provisional airline booking. Once these procedures are strictly followed, you can be rest assured that your visa to Canada is successful.