Nigerian Police Force Recruitment
A lot of Nigerian youths want answers to many questions bothering them about the Nigerian police recruitment, such as;
when will Nigeria police start recruiting ?
What are the requirements to be qualified?
How do I check if I have been shortlisted?And many more.
If you are considering joining the Police Force and becoming a Police Constable. Look no further. This article will give you correct answers to your mind bothering questions. All you need to do is to sit back, relax and read through this article carefully.
About Nigeria police Force (NPF) recruitment 2022/2023
- 1 About Nigeria police Force (NPF) recruitment 2022/2023
- 2 Nigeria Police Force Recruitment Update 2022/2023
- 3 The Nigerian Police Force Requirements 2022/2023
- 4 Nigerian police Application Process 2022/2023
- 5 How to check if you have been shortlisted 2022/2023
- 6 About Nigerian police Salary
- 7 Benefits of joining the Nigerian police
The Nigeria police Force is one of the many bodies responsible for civil security. Meanwhile, the responsibilities of a police officer are higher than other bodies.
They engage in security acts to ensure public protection of lives and properties and also facilitate all that has to do with prevention of crimes.
Additionally, the Nigerian police force is the major law enforcement agency with thousands of staffs. Recently, however, the force planned to add to these figure by recruiting more constables to increase the force up to about 650,000.
This agency consists of 36 states commands which are grouped into 7 administrative organs and 12 zones. The agency is governed by the ministry of Police Affairs. The agency’s headquarters is located at Abuja, Louis Edet House.
You can visit this site www.npf.gov.ng to obtain more information about the Nigerian police force including the recruitment details.
Nigeria Police Force Recruitment Update 2022/2023
Very soon the Nigeria Police will announce the commencement of its recruitment across the country for 2020. This is for candidates who are interested in working with the agency to apply and the portal will open immediately for registration.
Information received made it clear that, about 30,000 candidates will be recruited from all local governments area of the country every year. The qualified candidates will be employed as special constables upon successful screening exercise. This means unemployment will decrease in the country.
Although, the recruitment has not commenced yet.
Nevertheless, this article is meant to prepare you ahead for a successful journey into the Nigeria Police Force.
The Nigerian Police Force Requirements 2022/2023
There are certain things you must possess to be a qualified Police Officer in Nigeria. If you lack any of these, you may not be shortlisted.
- You must be between 18 and 25 years of age.
- You must have original birth certificate
- You must have your FSLC Result
- You must have Local Government Certificate
- You must have a recent passport photograph
- You must be a citizen of Nigeria and possess national identity card with number.
- You must have O’level certificate with minimum of 5 credits in not more than 2 sittings in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB with credit passes in English and Mathematics.
- You must be medically mentally, attitudinally, psychologically and physically fit
- Your height must not be less than 1.64mm for female and 1.67mm for male.
- You are not eligible if you are pregnant at the time of registration.
Candidates should note that they must attend the screening venue with their photocopy and original certificates.
Candidates must go to the screening venue with their printed complete forms from the NPF recruitment portal along with their guarantor form.
Nigerian police Application Process 2022/2023
Here is how you can apply for the Nigeria Police Force recruitment;
- You are to register online, through the NPF recruitment portal http://www.policerecruitment.gov.ng
- Read the information and guidelines for the recruitment process very carefully on the portal.
- Proceed to click on the “apply button” and then fill the registration form.
- Submit the form after proper and perfect filling and then print out the form.
- Ensure you log in for registration with correct and valid Email.
- Confirm your registration on your email through the link that will be sent there for confirmation.
- The public service commission has ensured that there will be a transparent exercise in selecting the qualified candidates. Therefore, do not pay anybody to secure the job. If you do that, it is at your own risk.
- All candidates must apply once, as multiple application will lead to disqualification.
How to check if you have been shortlisted 2022/2023
If the entire recruitment process is approved, at the end there will be a compiled list of successful candidates and they are the people that will be invited for appointment.
About Nigerian police Salary
The salary scale of the Nigeria Police Force depends on the rank/level of the officer.
Benefits of joining the Nigerian police
What are the benefits of joining the Nigeria Police Force?
You will enjoy;
- Good pay and fair rewards
- Job advancement and security
- Good job management
- Free movement
- Service to humanity
There should not be any reason why you should get things wrong with the Nigeria Police Force Recruitment. This article has provided all necessary and maximum information you need to secure the job with ease.