UNN Departmental /JAMB cut off mark for
if you chose or want to chose the University of Nigeria Nsukka as your most preferred institution in the coming jamb exams then it will be of your own interest to carefully read this article from A-Z.
UNN Cut Off Mark For 2023/2024 Admission
in this article we shall update you on the general cut off mark for various departments and facilities so don’t be in a hurry to leave.
So if you are among those candidates who are asking when the UNN departmental cut off mark shall be out or what will the cut off mark for various departments be like this article is for you.
So before you fill in that post utme screening form, it’s better you first take a look at UNN screening cut off mark for various courses.
UNN Departmental Cut Off Mark
first you have to understand that departmental cut off mark is very different from general cut off mark. in simple term departmental cut off mark is the cut off mark pegged by various departments in UNN.
it varies from department by department and its the most determinant factor the school looks into before giving put admission to candidates who applied or chose the institution as their most preferred institution.
UNN Faculty Of Agriculture Cut Off Mark
- Agric Economics – 227
- Agric Extension – 201
- Animal Science – 202
- Crop Science – 206
- Soil Science – 205
- Fst – 227
- Home Science – 200
- Nutrition And Dietetics – 247
UNN Faculty Of Arts Cut Off Marks
- Archaeology & Tourism – 246
- English And Literary Studies – 271
- Fine And Applied Arts – 260
- Foreign Languages – 254
- History And International Studies – 259
- Linguistics And Nigerian Languages – 245
- Mass Communication – 268
- Music – 255
- Theatre And Film Studies – 254
- Combined Arts – 201
UNN Faculty Of Biological Sciences Cut Off Mark
- Biochemistry – 248
- Botany – 200
- Combined Biological Sciences – 214
- Microbiology – 243
- Zoology – 207
Faculty Of Business Administration
- Accountancy – 257
- Banking & Finance – 229
- Marketing – 207
- Business Management – 233
UNN Faculty Of Dentistry Cut Off Mark
- Dentistry – 270
Faculty Of Education
- Adult Education – 201
- Education Art – 251
- Education Chemistry – 203
- Education Social Sciences – 245
- Agric Education – 205
- Business Education – 220
- Guidance & Counselling – 263
- Health Education – 206
- Home Economics Education – 229
- Industrial Technical Education – 236
- Library And Information Science – 246
- Science Education – 200
UNN Faculty Of Engineering Cut Off Mark
- Agric & Bioresources Engineering – 204
- Civil Engineering – 248
- Electrical Engineering – 242
- Electronics – 232
- Mechanic Engineering – 242
UNN Faculty Of Environmental Studies Cut Off Mark
- Architecture – 226
- Estate Management – 201
- Geoinformatics & Survey – 201
- Urban And Regional Planning – 210
UNN Faculty Of Health Science & Technology Cut Off Mark
- Radiography – 266
- Medical Rehabilitation – 258
- Nursing – 268
Faculty Of Law
- Law – 297
UNN Faculty Of Medical Sciences Cut Off Mark
- Medicine – 295
UNN Faculty Of Pharmaceuticаl Sciences Cut Off Mark
- Pharmаcy – 284
Faculty Of Physical Sciences
- Computer Science – 227
- Geology – 234
- Mathematics – 200
- Physics And Astronomy – 200
- Pure And Industrial Chemistry – 206
- Statistics – 200
- Computer/Statistics – 200
UNN Faculty Of Social Sciences Cut Off Mark
- Economics – 260
- Geography – 243
- Philosophy – 259
- Political Science – 275
- Psychology – 252
- Public Administration – 266
- Religion – 232
- Social Work – 213
- Sociology/Anthropology – 260
UNN Faculty Of Veterinary Medicine Cut Off Mark
- Veterinary Medicine – 227
unn medicine and surgery department
unn departmental cut off mark for medicine and surgery is very high you should not be surprised by this development, reason because they have one of the best medical college with upto date facilities. this is the reason for the high number of candidates who struggles to gain admission unto the school on yearly basis.
The cut off mark for medicine and surgery department stands around 295
unn cut off mark for medical laboratory science
med lab is another department that pulls crowd in UNN. in fact its often said that after medicine and surgery the next competitive department in health sciences is med lab. is 270
how to calculate unn cut off mark
- UNN aggregate score is 100%, this 100% is made up of jamb score of 60% and post utme score of 40%.
- to convert your score based on what you score in jamb you have to multiple your Jamb Score times 0.6
- on the other hand you have to multiple your post utme score by 0.4%.
- Finally you can now sum the total score together to get your aggregate score for UNN
Please note that your aggregate score is the yardstick used by UNN in considering those they want to offer admission for the year under review.
UNN Nature of Admission Screening
the University of Nigeria Nsukka usually announce their post utme screening exercise just few months after the release of jamb results.
- Candidates who meet the institution cut off mark are usually invited to come forward to pick up at a cost of 2000 naira.
- Candidates who meet various departmental cut off mark stand the chance of being admitted into the department of their choice.
Please note that once you didn’t see your name in the merit list you are meant to pick up the supplementary forms from the school.
UNN Address and Locations
the University which was founded in 1955 is located in Nsukka.
currently the school has about 4 campus all located in South East Nigeria.
- Nsukka (University of Nigeria, Nsukka, UNN)
- Enugu (University of Nigeria Enugu campus, UNEC)
- Ituku-Ozalla (University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, UNTH)
- Aba (University of Nigeria Aba campus, UNAC)
other interesting articles
- List of universities that accept second choice candidate
- check your admission status on JAMB Caps Portal
- Deadline for accepting your admission on Jamb caps portal
- how to accept your admission on Jamb caps portal
- check when jamb will start giving admission
hope this article has been helpful to you? if yes why not share it with your friends on Facebook and Twitter page. by doing so you are encouraging us to write more content for you and your friends. thanks.